About Us Resources and News Contact Us Français

Who decides where herbicide treatments can take place every year?

Category: Herbicide Operations

Forestry professionals develop plans annually based on the needs of the forests being managed—how old they are and how much competing vegetation there is. The provincial department of environment reviews these plans and issues the permits when all conditions around the policy and regulations of herbicides, including glyphosate, are met. All residents within 500 meters of a treatment area must be notified prior to the application.